Information for Sperm Donors
Sperm donor can be any healthy and fertile male at the age of 18 to 35 years with complete secondary education and with not family history of genetic or psychiatric disease. The principle of anonymity between the donor and the recipient is strictly observed at all times.
Who to donate?
- Thanks to the initial examination you receive valuable information about your health condition.
- You can help infertile couples who need your help and would never be able to make their dream come true and become parents without you.
- Our centre of assisted reproduction possesses extensive experience in the donor programe. The donor programe has been going on under supervision by experienced physicians since 2003 and so you need not be afraid, you will be in good hands.
What examinations shall I undergo?
- Blood group and Rh factor specification,
- Examination for venereal diseases (HIV, hepatitis B, C and syphilis, Chlamydia),
- Genetic blood examination for exclusion of carriers of serious genetic defects, with subsequent consultation with a clinical geneticist. This examination is not generally available other than for a price of several thousand CZK.
What will happen next?
- The results of your examination will be discussed between you and one of our most experienced staff members.
- The donor sperm must be cryo-conserved and stored for at least 180 days.
- After elapse of this period the serum tests are checked and if the results continue to be negative the sperm is released for therapy.